Get Out of God's Permissive Will and Into His Divine Will!

I respect those who are honest with themselves and others.  They are actually a lot more emotionally healthy and stable too! When things don't go as expected it pushes us into ourselves for reflection and to internalize what the heck's going on. We can't learn and grow without doing this.  And that is why God shakes things up in our lives.  Once we start thinking inwardly and question what's been going on outwardly then we are at a place to focus upwardly on God.   Some of my most intense spiritual and personal growth times in my life have been during times of major transition.  For example, newly married, birth of first born, starting a church, and now first time unemployed.  The last three weeks for me have been some serious one-on-one time with God and He has been revealing to me things about my life that I was blind to.  Things hindering me from His Divine purpose for me. Walls, barriers, and fears needing to come down. To be very specific, the Matthew of 4 weeks ago died.  The truth of Galatians 2:20 has transformed and continues to transform me, "For I have been crucified with Christ".   
There are many who falsely believe and  say to themselves:  "I know that my life will go exactly the way He wants it to go."  There is no question God is All-powerful and nothing happens that He doesn't allow but there is His Divine Will and His Permissive Will.  I believe there are believers everywhere who are not living up to God's Divine plan for their lives.  They are allowing sin in their lives keep them from living the Godly life, the life of true purpose intended by their Maker.  Moses was kept from the Promise Land because he murdered an Egyptian as a young man.  Samson's eyes were gouged out and spent most of his life as a slave because he couldn't refuse a beautiful woman.  King David committed adultery and murder and as a result, he had serious family problems with his sons as they grew to manhood.  The rich man that came to Jesus walked away sad because he was unable to give up his wealth to follow Jesus.  Judas betrayed Jesus for thirty pieces of silver then hung himself over the guilt.  God's Divine Will was not how their lives were fully lived out. It was His Permissive Will. 
I am learning that the last two years at ABC was God's permissive will for my life.  ABC was a gift from God for a period of time.  God loved me enough to force me into resignation.  I wouldn't trade the last month for anything.  I am committing to God to help me not live in His permissive will any longer.  To show me His Divine Will for my life.  I am learning His Divine Will is very costly.  Jesus said to be a follower there’s a sacrifice to pay,
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. (Mat 16:24)
and also,
He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
(Mat 10:39)
Salvation may be free but the straight and narrow path is often a hard one to stay on.
Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.   (Mat 7:14)
and also,
You can not earn salvation,
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Eph 2:8-9)
But it is also written,
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.   (Phi 2:12)
I have been asking God to give me a healthy dose of fear and trembling before Him.  As He has been answering my prayers the first thing I have been noticing is sins I once have been weak in I am now afraid to commit.  I don't want my sin to cloud my intimacy with God.   I'm not talking about losing my salvation; I'm talking about losing closeness and confidence in Christ.
Having said all this, in your time of transition seek God wholeheartedly.  I had to do some serious repenting, you will too.  I had to give up some worldly pleasures, you will too.  I'm not unique, it's the narrow road that leads to salvation.  Keep fighting the good fight of faith!... and is it ever a fight. 
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.   (1Ti 6:12)

Comments

Popular Posts