Perfect love Casts Out Fear

 

1 John 4:18 says "Perfect love casts out all fear." Then what is perfect love?

I think perfect love, or complete love, (complete as in a rosebud can be perfect/complete, then it can grow to a perfect blossom, each complete/perfect as it grows) comes from the heart of the Father. Love has at least two components: an object and action. Love is manifest/realized in and through us when the object of that love is given/shown to us by the Father and our faith and trust of the Father's goodness toward us removes any fears/doubts of acting in love and obedience to His direction. Perfect love requires sacrifice and when we love as the Father loves us, we have no fear or worry of the cost to us, although it may be great/overwhelming in the natural because we know by faith in God's word that He will supply. For example, a long time ago I stopped praying for boldness for witnessing. Why? God showed me my boldness would by defacto increase as my love for people increased. If He only increased my boldness then my witness would be mingled with arrogance and pride and not truly reflect the love of God. So now I pray God increase my love for the lost! Perfect love casts out all fear.

Comments

Popular Posts