How Can I Be "In the Spirit"?

Revelation 1:10 NASB I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet,


How Can I Be “In the Spirit?” To be in the Spirit is to be in the present. God revealed himself to Moses as “I AM”. He is the ever “present” God. I cannot be thinking in my past and expect God’s abiding presence to be there, he is I AM, He is now. I cannot be thinking about tomorrow and expect God to be there either, he is I AM, he is now. For my spirit to commune and connect with God, as “in the Spirit” implies, my mind and thoughts must be in the moment, in the now, in the present, dwelling upon, meditating, praying, basking, waiting upon I AM.

Exodus 3:14 NASB God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Comments

Popular Posts