10 Powerful Prayers and Statements of Faith for Parents and Kids

10 POWERFUL PRAYERS OVER YOUR CHILDREN FOR SCHOOL

Your children need your prayers as their parent, grandparent or guardian.  Use the following ten prayer starters to get you started.  Pray them every morning before they leave for school. Pray them in private and especially in their presence. They need to see and hear you praying!  Personalize them, replace "children" with your son or daughter's name.  Take the time to look up the Bible references to fuel your faith and confidence in God as you pray.

1. Learning
Father, I pray that You help our children to grasp hold of what they need to know and learn. I ask You to give them the aptitude for understanding and wisdom. Thank You that they have the mind of Christ and that their memory is blessed. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Daniel 1:17, 20 AMP; 1 Corinthians 2:16 KJV; Proverbs 10:7 KJV)

2. Knowledge & Understanding
Father, I ask You to help my children become well versed in every branch of learning, gifted with knowledge and good sense, and to be quick to understand. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Daniel 1:4 NLT)

3. Wisdom & Discernment
Father, I pray that my children become skillful in all wisdom and discernment, and competent to stand and serve in places of leadership and authority. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Daniel 1:4 AMP)

4. Ability
Father, I ask You to give my children ability, understanding, intelligence, and knowledge. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Exodus 31:3 AMP)

5. Favor
Father, just as Jesus grew in favor with You and with man, I ask that my children would grow in favor with You and with man. I thank You that they are surrounded with Your favor everywhere they go. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Luke 2:52 NIV; Psalm 5:12 NIV)

6. Strength
Father, I pray that my children will realize and understand that they can do all things through Christ who strengthens them. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Philippians 4:13 KJV)

7. Peace
Father, I pray that all my children will be disciples taught of You and obedient to Your will, and that their peace and undisturbed composure will be great. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Isaiah 54:13 AMP)

8. No Fear
Father, I ask you to help my children realize that You have not given them a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)

9. Safety & Protection
Father, I thank You that my children dwell in the secret place of the Most High and abide under the shadow of the Almighty. You are their refuge, their fortress, their God, in You will they trust. No evil shall befall them, neither shall any plague come near their dwelling. You give Your angels charge over them to keep them in all their ways. They call upon You and You answer them. You are with them in trouble and deliver them. With long life You satisfy them and show them Your salvation! In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Psalm 91 KJV)

10. Godly Friendships/Relationships
Father, I ask You for godly, loyal friends for my children. Friends who love purity, who are pure in heart, and gracious in speech, friends that will sharpen them and love them at all times. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Proverbs 17:17 KJV, NLT; Proverbs 22:11 AMP; Proverbs 27:17 KJV)
10 FAITH STATEMENTS TO DECLARE FOR KIDS IN SCHOOL 
Every day your child is bombarded with negative and ungodly conversations, words and accusations from the world. It's time to begin to counter that with godly affirmations and declarations of who God says they are and what God says they can do.  The Bible says faith comes by hearing the Word.  Each of these ten statements is grounded on Scripture.  Read them over your children before they leave for school in the morning.  Better yet, have them read them out loud too. Make an extra copy for your son or daughter to have.  Give them rewards for memorizing them.  Take the time to look up the Scriptures to build your faith.  Use them as topics for family devotion time.  
   
1. I AM A FAST LEARNER!
Father, I thank you that I can grasp and hold on to whatever I need to know and learn. I ask You to give me the ability for understanding and wisdom. I thank You that I have the mind of Christ and that my memory is blessed. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Daniel 1:17, 20 AMP; 1 Corinthians 2:16 KJV; Proverbs 10:7 KJV)

2. I AM GIFTED IN ALL MY SUBJECTS!
Father, I ask You to help me be successful in every subject in school, thank you for giving me knowledge and good sense, and to be quick to understand. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Daniel 1:4 NLT)

3. I AM A LEADER!
Father, thank you for making me skillful in all wisdom and understanding, and competent to stand and serve in places of leadership and authority. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Daniel 1:4 AMP)

4. I AM SMART AND CAPABLE!
Father, thank you for giving me ability, understanding, intelligence, and knowledge. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Exodus 31:3 AMP)

5. I HAVE FAVOR EVERYWHERE I GO!
Father, just as Jesus grew in favor with You and with man, I ask that you would grow me in favor with You and with man. I thank You that I am surrounded with Your favor everywhere I go. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Luke 2:52 NIV; Psalm 5:12 NIV)

6. I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST!
Father, I realize and understand that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Philippians 4:13 KJV)

7. I WILL LET MY LIGHT SHINE FOR JESUS!
Father, I will be your disciple taught of You and obedient to Your will.  I will stand for Truth and not compromise my values and beliefs.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Isaiah 54:13 AMP)

8. I WALK IN POWER, LOVE AND DISCIPLINE!
Father, I realize that You have not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)

9. I AM SAFE AND PROTECTED!
Father, I thank You that I dwell in the secret place of the Most High and abide under the shadow of the Almighty. You are  my refuge, my fortress, my God, in You will I trust. No evil shall come to me, neither will any plague come near my home. You give Your angels charge over me to keep me in all my ways. I call upon You and You answer me. You are with me in trouble and deliver me. With long life You satisfy me and show me Your salvation! In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Psalm 91)

10. I KNOW HOW TO PICK GOOD FRIENDS!
Father, I ask You for godly, loyal friends. Friends who love purity, who are pure in heart, and gracious in speech, friends that will sharpen me and love me at all times. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. 
(Proverbs 17:17 KJV, NLT; Proverbs 22:11 AMP; Proverbs 27:17 KJV)

Comments

Popular Posts