Meant for the Fire but Turned into a Masterpiece

I was clearing some land and came across an old dead white cedar tree that had fallen over. (see picture above)  I began to cut it up to add it to a brush pile I was going to burn when I noticed the beautiful red center.  Immediately I thought of a friend of mine who works with wood and thought he might like to have it.  He did, so I took a six-foot section of it to him.  A couple weeks later he came to me with a small box and handed it to me.  Inside the box were two beautiful hand-crafted vases he had made from the tree I had given him. (see picture below)

This is a  beautiful story of what God does with us when we give our lives to Him.  Before Christ, we were dead in our sins and destined for Hell. But when we gave Him our life, He saved us from the fire and is creating a masterpiece for His glory! 




 

Comments

Popular Posts