PART 4 How To Cultivate a Deeper Relationship With God.

Count the Cost

Anything worthwhile in life costs something; and the higher the cost the more we treasure it. What’s more worthwhile than a fulfilling, personal, intimate relationship with the God of the Universe? Your salvation and opportunity to enter into relationship with God cost him his Son, Jesus. The depth, quality and value of that relationship depends on the cost you are willing to pay.

You are as Close to God as You Want to Be
James gives us a powerful truth concerning our part in the drawing near to God. Come near to God, and he will come near to you. (James 4:8) God is waiting for you to make the first move. When you were a sinner you were blinded and lost to the things of God and He had to move first. No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. (John 6:44) But now that you are the redeemed, the called out ones, set apart and holy unto the Lord, turn your heart towards God and seek Him out. Come near to God! Do you realize you are as close to God as you want to be?

Again, the kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which when a man has found it, he hides it, and for the joy of it goes and sells all that he has, and buys that field.
(Matthew 13:44)

You have found the treasure. Now give up everything in order to posses it in its fullest.

Many Want the Glory But Don’t Know the Story
Many want the glory they see on godly men and women but they don’t know their story; the price they pay everyday for that intimacy and power from God. To lose yourself in God you must first lose yourself. Life in God mandates death to self. The reason there are few spiritual giants walking the earth today is because for most the price is too high a payment.
The Apostle Paul said he was caught up into the third heaven and shown “inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell.” (2 Corinthians 12:4) Now wouldn’t you like to have times with God like that! Before you shout “Yes, Lord!” There was a price Paul paid for that privilege and he describes them in the chapter before. Paul was sold out to God and had sacrificed everything.

Are they servants of Christ? I am a fool to talk this way, but I serve him better than they do. I have worked harder and have been put in jail more times. I have been beaten with whips more and have been in danger of death more often. Five times the Jews gave me thirty-nine lashes with a whip. Three times the Romans beat me with a big stick, and once my enemies stoned me. I have been shipwrecked three times, and I even had to spend a night and a day in the sea. During my many travels, I have been in danger from rivers, robbers, my own people, and foreigners. My life has been in danger in cities, in deserts, at sea, and with people who only pretended to be the Lord's followers. I have worked and struggled and spent many sleepless nights. I have gone hungry and thirsty and often had nothing to eat. I have been cold from not having enough clothes to keep me warm. Besides everything else, each day I am burdened down, worrying about all the churches.
(2 Corinthians 11:23-28)

When your testimony begins to compare to that of Paul then no doubt you too will experience visions and encounters with God not meant for human ears. Many want the glory they see on godly men and women but they don’t know their story; the price they pay everyday for that intimacy and power from God.

Comments

Popular Posts