Returning to Chennai, India in November


We landed in Chennai, India, a city on the south eastern coast, in December of 2005, the day after "the tsunami" struck. And when we left two weeks later we learned the tsunami had claimed the lives of over 7,000 men, women, and children in the city.
I was part of a team of eight people who six months prior had answered the call to use their Christmas vacation to travel to the other side of the world and serve at an orphanage and lead two vacation bible school style camps to inner city children. And now three years later we are returning in November.

The team is again eight people but only me and one other person is part of the original team. This missions trip has an extra special appeal to me personally. My youngest 11 year old daughter will be ministering along side me.

Comments

Popular Posts